Membership & Rates
Members are at the heart of Second State Press.
It is the community of members that make SSP strong and vibrant- enriching the medium of printmaking and enhancing the Philadelphia arts community. Our annual membership fees sustain the supplies, workspace, and programming activities we offer to artists. Our membership opportunities provide artists with great benefits.
Annual Membership Benefits include:
- Opportunity to rent studio time by the month, hour, or year
- Option to rent screen storage and flat file space
- Discount on classes
- Invitations to special events, artist talks, demonstrations and exhibitions
- Monthly newsletter featuring member updates (current exhibitions, new editions) & other professional development opportunities in the Philadelphia region
- Member websites or blogs linked to Second State Press’s website
To become a member you can download a membership form and mail a check for $40 to:
Second State Press
Crane Arts Building
1400 N. American Street, B103
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Once processed, you will receive a membership card.
Or you can complete the form below and pay your membership using paypal.
Renting Press Time & Fees
- Rental price includes access to all equipment, basic tools, and workspace. Only members are permitted to rent the space and are required to provide their own paper and ink.
- Members will be able to rent press time during studio hours (exception is the yearly unlimited)
Studio hours: Tuesday- Sunday 12PM-10PM
- SSP is closed to members on Mondays.
Hourly bundles are perfect if you have a specific job and know that you’ll be able to complete it in a certain amount of time. Hours in the bundles are good for up to a year after you purchase them and do not have to be used all at once.
4 hour Bundle $40
16 hour Bundle $95
32 hour Bundle $155
If you have a longer term project or want to use the shop on a more regular basis, the monthly or yearly membership is right for you. Monthly members can work during posted shop hours. Yearly users will receive their own FOB and can use the shop at any time.
Yearly (unlimited) $2,000
Exposure Unit Punch Card
Perfect for members who just need to expose plates or screens and work in their own studio. Each punch permits members to coat 1 screen or prep 1 plate and use the exposure unit.
Punch Card, 6 punches $30